MSRH Implements State Board of Health’s COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate Effective Immediately
TRINIDAD, CO – Mt. San Rafael Hospital and Clinics is implementing the Colorado State Board of Health’s recent approved rule which requires compliance with COVID-19 vaccinations for licensed facilities.
The new rule requires Mt. San Rafael Hospital and Clinics to “…ensure 100% of employees, direct contractors, and support staff have obtained full COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the schedule below:”
- Receive the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccination no later than September 30th, 2021.
- Must receive the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccination no later than October 31st, 2021.
- Must obtain a booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccination should one be recommended by ACIP in accordance with the recommended timelines.
- Anyone previously diagnosed with COVID-19, received monoclonal antibody treatment, or convalescent plasma treatment shall obtain their vaccination in a timeframe in accordance with CDC, ACIP, and the individual’s Licensed Independent Practitioner.
- On or after October 31st, each facility shall ensure that all newly hired employees, direct contractors, or support staff have obtained full COVID-19 vaccination.
Mt. San Rafael Hospital and Clinics will also have to complete detailed reporting to CDPHE on the 1st and 15th of each month beginning in October to ensure the facility remains in compliance with the 100% requirement.
Mt. San Rafael Hospital and Clinics takes the health and well-being of our patients, providers, staff and visitors very seriously. To that end, Mt. San Rafael Hospital and Clinics has been working closely with its team of physicians and staff – in conjunction with Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) – since COVID-19 vaccinations became available.
“First and foremost, we are committed to the safety, health and well-being of our patients, team members and community at-large,” said John Tucker, CEO of Mt. San Rafael Hospital and Clinics. “Therefore, we will continue to work diligently with the State Board of Health and work accordingly to their schedule to reach 100% compliance with this mandate,” he continued. “We understand the risks associated with COVID-19 and have been doing our part since the pandemic began to keep everyone safe while providing the highest quality care.”
About Mt. San Rafael Hospital
Mt. San Rafael Hospital is a 25-bed critical access facility serving the medical and surgical needs of Trinidad residents and the surrounding areas. Our vision at Mt. San Rafael Hospital is to be recognized as the healthcare provider of choice for Trinidad and the surrounding areas, and as a model for rural healthcare and wellness in partnership with our communities. For more information about the hospital or the new COVID1-19 vaccination ruling by Colorado’s State Board of Health, please contact Kim Lucero, Director of Planning and Development, at (719) 846-8053 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org