TRINIDAD, CO – For the third year in a row, Mt. San Rafael Hospital has received a five-star rating – the highest possible – among the annual examinations of U.S. hospitals conducted by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
CMS, the nation’s most respected assessment of health care quality, assigns star ratings to more than 4,500 hospitals nationwide based on their performance across seven quality areas: mortality, safety of care, readmission, patient experience, effectiveness of care, timeliness of care and efficient use of medical imaging.
CMS ratings are among the most cited in the industry, and five stars are meant to be indicative of the highest quality, most positive outcomes and a patient experience that only a small fraction of hospitals are able to demonstrate. This year, only 429 hospitals in the United States earned five stars. This year’s nationwide ratings:
- 192 hospitals received one star
- 692 hospitals received two stars
- 890 hospitals received three stars
- 890 hospitals received four stars
- 429 hospitals received five stars
Following is the listing of all Colorado hospitals that received a five-star rating from CMS, as listed on the Hospital Compare website:
- Boulder Community Health (Boulder)
- Castle Rock Adventist Hospital (Castle Rock)
- Centura Health-Penrose St. Francis Health Services (Colorado Springs)
- Centura Health-St. Anthony North Health Campus (Westminster)
- Longs Peak Hospital (Longmont)
- Medical Center of The Rockies (Loveland)
- Mercy Regional Medical Center (Durango)
- San Rafael Hospital (Trinidad)
- Poudre Valley Hospital (Fort Collins)
- Rose Medical Center (Denver)
- Saint Joseph Hospital (Denver)
- Sky Ridge Medical Center (Lone Tree)
- UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center (Steamboat Springs)
- Vail Health Hospital (Vail)
As shown in the listing above, this latest CMS designation makes Mt. San Rafael Hospital – once again – the only hospital in Southern Colorado to have been awarded five stars. “We are thrilled and honored to have received this rating again for 2022. This designation by CMS is a tremendous source of pride for us as it is a reflection of the hard work, dedication, teamwork and outstanding efforts of all of our physicians, nursing teams and staff in their diligent and compassionate care of all of our patients and their families,” said Kim Lucero, Interim CEO for Mt. San Rafael Hospital.
# # #
About Mt. San Rafael Hospital
Mt. San Rafael Hospital is a 25-bed critical access facility serving the medical and surgical needs of Trinidad residents and the surrounding areas. Our vision at Mt. San Rafael Hospital is to be a model for rural healthcare and wellness and the provider of choice for our community. For more information about the hospital or the CMS 5-Star Rating please contact Kim Lucero, Interim CEO, at (719) 846-8050 or via email at email@example.com.